Job Exchange > Listings > Job - Premium
O&M Instructor or Dual Certified O&M/TVI
Prince George's County Public Schools
Oxon Hill, MD
Duties: Travel from school to school and locations within Washington DC, MD and VA using assigned O&M car along with the Metro and rail systems in the area. Perform O&M assessments that focus on long and short term travel needs for students from birth to 21. Provide regular and consultative support to TVIs, parents, school teams, agencies, and the medical profession. Prepare and select O&M materials and equipment that meet student needs. Provide record keeping duties such as IFSP/IEP documents, data collection, and student contact logs.
- Bachelor's and/or master's degree in O&M or O&M/TVI
- Maryland Teaching Certification, or other state equivalency preferred
- ACVREP certification also preferred
- Ability to drive between sites, and stand/walk for lengthy periods of time
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborative effectively with school teams, including families and the community.
Additional Information: Prince George's County Public Schools is a large multicultural school system that offers a variety of environments from inner city to open country side. The Vision Program has a wonderful staff of 14 TVIs and two O&M positions. This metropolitan area is an ideal location to meet most needs!
Closing Date: Until filled
For further information, contact:
Vision Instructional Specialist
Oxon Hill Staff Development Center, Suite D
7711 Livingston Road
Oxon Hill, MD 20745
Phone: (301) 567-8600
Fax: (301) 567- 8652