Job Exchange > Listings > Job - Premium
Special Education Teacher
The Menta Group
Country Club Hills, IL
Duties: High School Teacher for Special Education Academic and Career-Path Classes. Country Club Hills Tech & Trade Center (CCH), an affiliate of The Menta Group, offers a K-high school program that provides a variety of school-to-work options for special education students. In combination with a talented administration, and teaching and support staff, CCH is an ideal academic setting for adolescents who are preparing to become both literate and self-sufficient. We are currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Special Education Teacher for our schools located in mid-state Illinois and the Chicago metro area; and Maricopa County, Arizona. Successful candidates will be creative, energetic and eager to develop and implement innovative solutions to critical problems in education. The ideal candidate will be prepared for teaching mainstream academics within a self-contained classroom, to teach special needs students with an emphasis on work skills as a basis for a career-path curriculum, and be willing to be trained to work in a clinical-educational setting with severely Behavior/Emotional Disordered students. This person is comfortable with a variety of delivery techniques for special needs instruction: including direct instruction, simulation, cooperative learning within community based opportunities, and integration of technology within multi-disciplinary classroom projects; including integration of literacy skills and hands-on projects as part of the educational model. The classroom staff members function as collaborative building wide teams to better problem solve and find viable solutions to meet student's academic needs.
- State Teaching Certification in Special Education; Preferably high school certified.
- Ability to teach in a self-contained classroom for a full teaching day with youth having behavioral, emotional, and high risk behaviors is important.
- Flexible in which subject areas that they can work.
- Student focused approach while presenting general areas of required subject material.
- Willingness to be trained in working with Behavioral/Emotional Disordered students.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast paced environment.
- Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
- You must be 23 years of age with a valid driver license.
- Employment is contingent upon a background check, approved driving record, employment physical and drug screen.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Emphasis on work skills as a basis for a career path curriculum.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Additional Information: This position offers an access to medical, dental, vision plans, 403(b), sick pay, holiday pay, and personal/vacation days. The salary range is comparable for the position and area, depending upon certification and qualifications. Apply on-line at: http://www.thementagroup.org/careers/apply
Country Club Hills, Illinois E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 708-798-9756 Questions can be directed to John Ritchey at (708) 798-9542 eoe
Closing Date: Until filled
For further information, contact:
Country Club Hills, IL 60478
Phone: (708) 798-9542