Job Exchange > Listings > Job - Premium
Behavior Technician / Paraprofessional
The Menta Group
Duties: Southwest Academy (SWA) is a special education school for kindergarten through 12th grade students in the Tolleson, Arizona area who are challenged by social-emotional, learning, behavioral and developmental disabilities. The curriculum is taught with an engaged learning methodology that nurtures academic, behavioral, and social-emotional growth. Our educational model encourages the development of academic and social-emotional skills in a positive and well-structured learning environment, with a focus on preparation for post-secondary education, employment, and citizenship.
Programming is designed for students with significant cognitive, behavior, and learning difficulties... The curriculum is individualized to meet each student's special needs with an emphasis on four major community living domains: self-management/home living, vocational, recreation/leisure, and general community functioning. The curriculum is taught both in school and out in the community. It includes functional academics and embedded training in social-emotional skills, communication, and motor skills. This person is assigned for every scheduled activity that the student is assigned throughout the day.
The Aide works mainly as per the direction of the teacher and assists the teacher/student in the various educational, clinical, and clerical activities, including:
- Preparing and adapting materials for use in the classroom
- Maintaining classroom and learning materials in good order
- Communicating behavioral concerns of students to appropriate staff members
- Implementing and maintaining behavioral program policies and data
- Encouraging all students to be successful in the program
- Attending all staff meetings and in-service training as requested
- State Certified Paraprofessional preferred
- College Associates Degree/two years college classes
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to obtain CPI Certification
- At least 23 years of age
- Previous experience working with special needs children
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Clean driving record/must be able to drive student van
This position offers an access to medical, dental, vision plans, 403(b), sick pay, holiday pay, and personal/vacation days. The salary range is comparable for the position and area, depending upon certification and qualifications. All of our programs post their open teaching positions on our website and feature an easy-to-complete application process.
Contact below, or apply online at: http://www.thementagroup.org/careers/apply. EOE
Closing Date: Until filled
For further information, contact:
Tolleson, AZ 85353
Fax: (623) 478-5026