Job Exchange > Listings > Job - Premium
The Menta Group
Duties: Special Education Services (SES), an affiliate of The Menta Group, is a non-profit agency serving K-12 high-risk children in Illinois and Arizona. With its no refusal, no suspension, no expulsion policy, SES students attend school daily regardless of their behavior. A continuum of services is offered to meet the educational needs of special needs, at-risk and high-risk public school students. Small class size, intensive clinical services, and a competently trained staff of educators combine to make this a positive and dynamic place to learn.
We are currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Teaching Assistant for a new Alternative Education School located in Nokomis, Illinois. Successful candidates will be creative, energetic and eager to develop and implement innovative solutions to critical problems in education. As a TA in one of our schools, you will be working in an atmosphere where data-driven decision making and teamwork is the norm.
Duties of the Teacher Assistant consist of:
- Lead or co-teach a class of students with behavior/emotional/social/learning disorders
- Provide behavior support in self-contained classroom
- Prepare and adapt materials for use in the classroom
- Communicate behavioral concerns of students to appropriate staff
- Implement and maintain behavioral program policies and data
- Attend all staff meetings and in-service training as requested
- Maintain classroom order, safety, and materials.
This position offers an access to medical, dental, vision plans, 403(b), sick pay, holiday pay, and personal/vacation days. The salary range is comparable for the position and area, depending upon certification and qualifications.
- State Certified Paraprofessional preferred
- College Associates Degree/two years college classes
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to obtain CPI Certification
- At least 23 years of age.
- Previous experience working with special needs children
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Clean driving record/must be able to drive student van
Apply online at http://www.thementagroup.org/careers/apply or contact below. EOE
Closing Date: Until filled
For further information, contact:
Nokomis, IL 62075
Fax: (630) 907-0197